Building Innovation into Trades Training
The first annual Skilled Trades Innovation Forum was held at the Vancouver Convention Center. The Forum was designed to bring together leaders from employers, training institutions, First Nations’ communities, the K-12 system and other stakeholders. It aimed to CONNECT, INSPIRE, and EVOLVE the skilled trades training system in British Columbia.
Topics at the Skilled Trades Innovation Forum included benefits and challenges of current innovations within BC’s Trades Training System. Additionally, there were sessions about succession planning and more topics to be confirmed. View some presentations from the Forum:
- Keynote speaker Jason Dorsey
- ICBA: Building Successful Apprenticeships
- go2HR: Blending Old and New
- College of the Rockies: Trades Training Partnerships
- Jeff Ritter: Mobility of Apprentices and Skilled Workers
- CLAC: Blending Old and New Creative Approaches to Training
The event was designed to be input-based, drawing upon the expertise and experience of attendees. The outcome of this first event and its discussions will be an Apprenticeship and Trades Training Best Practices Guide and other resources to support improved skilled trades outcomes.
If you would like to learn more or have any questions, they can be directed to email@example.com