“Mobile Crane Operator” means a person who operates a mobile crane to perform lifts and hoists, sets up cranes, takes down cranes and plans lifts and crane procedures.
This certification is for operation of crane types with capacity of greater than 80 Tonnes.
BC Crane Safety registration is required for all crane operators in British Columbia. Crane Operator certification in British Columbia is mandatory by virtue of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (WorkSafeBC). BC Crane Safety Registration forms are available on the BC Crane Safety website at www.bccranesafety.ca.
PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
|To book a practical assessment, please contact Fulford Certification|
HARMONIZED PROGRAM INFORMATION
Prior to January 1, 2017, there were three Mobile Crane Operator certifications for high-capacity mobile cranes open to registration in BC:
After January 1, 2017, ITA’s Mobile Crane Operator certifications changed to align with CCDA’s Red Seal Harmonization recommendations. The scope of all three occupations were merged into one certification:
All ITA certificates continue to be valid. Please see this notification for more information about Changes to ITA Certificate of Qualification programs and occupation titles.
- April 2022: OPSN 2022 007 (New Credit for Prior Learning in the challenge pathway)
- June 2021: OPSN 2021 007 (Minimum operating requirement clarifications)
- March 2017: OPSN 2017 005 (Harmonization)
- OPSN Archives
- If you have any questions, please contact ITA Customer Service
Standardized Level Exam (SLE) Updates
SLE Weighting Charts
Interprovincial Exam Updates
Interprovincial Exam Information
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 159.66 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 173.84 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 254.5 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 309.98 KB)