“Mobile Crane Operator” means a person who operates a mobile crane to perform lifts and hoists, sets up cranes, takes down cranes and plans lifts and crane procedures.
This certification is for operation of crane types with capacity of greater than 80 Tonnes.
BC Crane Safety registration is required for all crane operators in British Columbia. Crane Operator certification in British Columbia is mandatory by virtue of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (WorkSafeBC). BC Crane Safety Registration forms are available on the BC Crane Safety website at www.bccranesafety.ca.
HARMONIZED PROGRAM INFORMATION
Prior to January 1, 2017, there were three Mobile Crane Operator certifications for high-capacity mobile cranes open to registration in BC:
After January 1, 2017, ITA’s Mobile Crane Operator certifications changed to align with CCDA’s Red Seal Harmonization recommendations. The scope of all three occupations were merged into one certification:
All ITA certificates continue to be valid. Please see this notification for more information about Changes to ITA Certificate of Qualification programs and occupation titles.
- Program Profile
- Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification
- Download(PDF 171.37 KB)
- Program Outline
- Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers
- Download(PDF 891.9 KB)
- Interprovincial (IP) Exam Table
- List of tasks that will be tested and number of questions on each task
- Download(PDF 30.24 KB)
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 159.66 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 173.84 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 254.5 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 309.98 KB)