Water Well Drillers set up and operate mobile equipment used to drill residential, commercial and industrial water wells and perform other industrial drilling. This program will also prepare you to:
- Find potable water that is clean and safe to drink
- Assist customers select a drilling site and estimate the cost
- Reconstruct, redevelop and disinfect older and contaminated wells and water-pumping systems
Preparing for your BC Certificate of Qualification Exam
The Occupational Analysis describes the scope of competencies for the trade. The CofQ exam was developed to assess the competencies listed in this chart.
The Exam Weighting Chart for the Certificate of Qualification exam shows the approximate percentage of weighting per General Area of Competency (GAC).
For information regarding BC regulations, please refer to the Province’s website.
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 260.34 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 173.84 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 63.08 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 84.41 KB)