"Winder Electrician" means a person who tests, rewinds, reconditions, rebuilds, replaces and generally services electric motors, generators, alternators, transformers, control equipment, mobile machines and other related components in commercial, institutional and industrial establishments, and any other work that is usually performed by a journeyperson Winder Electrician.
If you are unclear as to which program you are registered in, or unclear as to which program you should be following, please contact ITA Customer Service.
- September 2022: OPSN 2022 022 (CofQ Exam Launched)
- February 2021: The transition update announces changes to the de-designation date of the Red Seal Program. For updated transition details, see the transition plan.
- May 2020: For details of changes to the program, see OPSN 2020-004
Certificate of Qualification (CofQ) Exam Updates
Exam Weighting Charts
BC apprentices registered in this program must take their technical training in Alberta. Click here to view the Program Outline for technical training in Alberta.
Click here to view the training schedule in Alberta.
- Program Profile
- Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification
- Download(PDF 129.14 KB)
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 159.66 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 173.84 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 176.19 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 202.79 KB)